Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This course is in accordance with all requirements of 40 CFR 763 under TSCA TITLE II (AHERA), Texas Asbestos Health Protection Rules, and qualifies the individual as a NESHAP trained person.
The inspector refresher is a 1/2 course. Person seeking to take this course must have successfully passed the initial asbestos inspector course. No end of the course test is given. The course addresses:
(1) background information of asbestos;
(2) potential health effects related to asbestos exposure;
(3) functions/qualifications and role of inspectors;
(4) legal liabilities and defenses;
(5) understanding of building systems;
(6) public/employee/building occupant relations;
(7) pre-inspection planning, and review of previous survey records;
(8) inspecting for friable and non-friable ACBM;
(9) assessing of the condition of friable ACBM;
(10) bulk sampling/documentation of asbestos;
(11) air monitoring;
(12) employee personal protective equipment;
(13) record keeping and writing of the survey report; and
(14) regulatory review
Successful completion of the initial course.