Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This course is in accordance with all requirements of 40 CFR 763 under TSCA TITLE II (AHERA), Texas Asbestos Health Protection Rules, and qualifies as a NESHAP trained person
Persons seeking to be licensed as air monitoring technicians must successfully complete a three-day training course. The course includes a written examination consisting of 50 multiple choice questions. Successful completion of the course is demonstrated by achieving a score of at least 70% correct on the examination. The course addresses:
(1) health effects of asbestos;
(2) asbestos regulations (state and federal);
(3) asbestos sampling and evaluation methods;
(4) calculating sampling times;
(5) time weighted average calculation;
(6) calibration of air sample pumps;
(7) sample logs and records;
(8) compliance testing;
(9) clearance testing; and
(10) clearance procedures.
High School Diploma or GED