Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This course is in accordance with all requirements of 40 CFR 763 under TSCA TITLE II (AHERA), Texas Asbestos Health Protection Rules, and qualifies the individual as a NESHAP trained person.
The contractor/supervisor course consists of five days of training. Persons seeking to be licensed as an asbestos abatement contractor, asbestos abatement supervisor, project manager, or operations and maintenance (O&M - restricted) contractor/supervisor or accredited as an asbestos abatement contractor or supervisor, must successfully complete the contractor/supervisor training course. The course may be substituted for the asbestos abatement worker course; this substitution also applies to annual refresher training. This training includes a written examination of 100 multiple-choice questions. Each trainee must score at least 70% correct on this written exam to successfully complete the course. The course addresses:
(1) physical characteristics of asbestos and asbestos-containing building material (ACBM);
(2) potential health effects related to asbestos exposure;
(3) employee personal protective equipment;
(4) state-of-the-art work practices;
(5) personal hygiene;
(6) additional safety hazards;
(7) medical monitoring;
(8) air monitoring;
(9) relevant federal, state, and local regulatory requirements;
(10) establishment of respiratory protection programs and medical surveillance programs;
(11) 14 hours of hands-on training, including work area preparation, decontamination chamber construction, cleaning and disposal, and respirator fit testing and maintenance;
(12) insurance and liability issues;
(13) recordkeeping for asbestos abatement projects;
(14) supervisory techniques for asbestos abatement activities;
(15) contract specifications; and
(16) course review and manual.