Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This course is in accordance with all requirements of 40 CFR 763 under TSCA TITLE II (AHERA), Texas Asbestos Health Protection Rules, and qualifies the individual as a NESHAP trained person.
The project designer training course is three days in length. Persons seeking to be licensed as an asbestos consultant or accredited as a project designer must complete the project design course. Successful completion of the course is demonstrated by achieving a score of at least 70% correct on the written course examination. The course addresses:
(1) background information on asbestos;
(2) potential health effects related to asbestos exposure;
(3) overview of abatement construction projects to include clearance of the project area;
(4) safety system design specifications, including written sampling rationale for air clearance;
(5) field trip;
(6) employee personal protective equipment;
(7) additional safety hazards;
(8) fiber aerodynamics and control;
(9) designing abatement solutions and written project design;
(10) budgeting/cost estimation;
(11) writing abatement specifications;
(12) preparing abatement drawings;
(13) contract preparation and administration;
(16) role of other consultants;
(17) occupied buildings;
(18) how to accomplish a complete visual inspection; and
(19) relevant federal, Texas, and local regulatory requirements.
Asbestos Inspector, Management Planner, Air Monitoring Tecnician