Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This course is in accordance with all requirements of Texas Environmental Lead Reduction Rules.
The lead inspector initial course is a 3-day course with a 100 question course exam on the last day. The lead inspector refresher course includes:
(1) the role and responsibilities of the inspector;
(2) background information on lead and its adverse health effects;
(3) background information regarding federal, state, and local regulations and guidance that pertain to lead-based paint and lead-based paint activities;
(4) lead-based paint inspection methods, including selection of rooms and components for sampling or testing; paint, dust, and soil sampling methodologies;
(5) clearance standards and testing, including random sampling, preparation of the written final inspection report; and
High school diploma or GED