The lead risk assessor course includes:
(1) the role and responsibilities of the risk assessor;
(2) collection of background information to perform a risk assessment;
(3) sources of environmental lead contamination such as paint, surface dust and soil, water, air, packaging, and food; visual inspection for the purposes of identifying potential sources of lead-based paint hazards; lead hazard screen protocol;
(4) sampling for other sources of lead exposure; interpretation of lead-based paint and other lead sampling results, including all applicable state and federal guidance or regulations pertaining to lead-based paint hazards;
(5) development of hazard control options, the role of interim controls, and operations and maintenance activities to reduce lead-based paint hazards; and
(6) preparation of a final risk assessment report.
Lead Inspector Refresher