Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
This course is in accordance with all requirements of Texas Environmental Lead Reduction Rules.
The lead risk assessor course includes:
(1) the role and responsibilities of the risk assessor;
(2) collection of background information to perform a risk assessment;
(3) sources of environmental lead contamination such as paint, surface dust and soil, water, air, packaging, and food; visual inspection for the purposes of identifying potential sources of lead-based paint hazards; lead hazard screen protocol;
(4) sampling for other sources of lead exposure; interpretation of lead-based paint and other lead sampling results, including all applicable state and federal guidance or regulations pertaining to lead-based paint hazards;
(5) development of hazard control options, the role of interim controls, and operations and maintenance activities to reduce lead-based paint hazards; and
(6) preparation of a final risk assessment report.
Lead Inspector Refresher