The 1 day contractor/supervisor refresher course may be substituted for the asbestos abatement worker course; this substitution also applies to annual refresher training. No end of the course examination is given. The course addresses:
(1) physical characteristics of asbestos and asbestos-containing building material (ACBM);
(2) potential health effects related to asbestos exposure;
(3) employee personal protective equipment;
(4) state-of-the-art work practices;
(5) personal hygiene;
(6) additional safety hazards;
(7) medical monitoring;
(8) air monitoring;
(9) relevant federal, state, and local regulatory requirements;
(10) establishment of respiratory protection programs and medical surveillance programs;
(11) insurance and liability issues;
(12) recordkeeping for asbestos abatement projects;
(13) supervisory techniques for asbestos abatement activities; and
(45) contract specifications.
Successful completion of the initial course.